Labels

3D (1) dream (2) gallery (2) graphic art (1) illustrator (1) introduction (2) maya (1) photoshop (1) resume (1) vector (1) zbrush (1)

Monday, March 12, 2012

were-orcas and mermaids

So this morning I found myself on an undersea cruise liner with Becca and the other mermaids (luckily, the kids were at a relative's). We were just hanging out, swimming around, enjoying the vacation. Suddenly, we could hear everyone on the other decks screaming and panicking, and then something starts smashing through walls up above.

Somehow, we realize that it is coming for us––though we don't yet know what it is––and we start rushing through the halls of the deck that we're on, trying to reach our underwater room (as if that will save us from something that can smash through a ship's interior bulkheads). Just as the mermaids and myself get to the room and are fumbling for the room keys, the thing is right behind us, growling.

The mermaids scream, but I still don't dare to look behind me. When I finally turn around, I see a large were-orca standing there in orca-man form. It is eight feet tall, and weighs half a ton, and has razor-sharp fins on its back, arms and legs. But instead of teeth, it has a pair of self-sharpening cleaver-like bony plates that make up a powerful beak, like dunkleosteus.

For those that are not familiar with what I am talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkleosteus

This was my first clue that it was a dream. You'd think that being on a completely submerged cruise liner with mermaids would have made me suspicious, but it was the jaw structure of the were-orca.

Anyway, right then, I get the door open, and the were-orca ushers us all inside of room, and then begins to explain that he is here on orders from my mafia don father (no relation to my real father, who is a saint). My mafia don father is angry that I haven't paid my tributes this year, and sent one of his personal assassins to get me.

His other were-orca assassin is a real violent guy, but this one is new, and he is a bit of a softy. So the were-orca contents himself to go through all of our personal belongings while getting to know us, with the intent to gather enough valuables to take back my tribute to my gangster father and spare my life and the lives of the mermaids that are with me.

The dream ends when the were-orca, about to leave, turns to us and says, "Oh, I hear you have some kids too." and I reply, "Yeah, and you can tell my father that if he ever wants to act like a real dad, I'll introduce him to them."

****

I have weird dreams pretty often, and some of them are very entertaining. So, at first I was just going to put this on facebook, but I decided that I ought to take some professional advice about making your art blog a documentary of your creative life. So I think I will start posting some of my stranger dreams. Maybe I'll eventually illustrate a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment